Words — 63 found
1. to put on airs; to act big; to throw one's weight about; to be overbearing; to be domineering; to be bossy; to be pushy; to be proud; to be haughty; to be arrogant; to swagger; to boast; to brag
- That man is too boastful for my liking.
意張る 【いばる】、威張る 【えばる】
意張る: Irregular kanji usage.
1. to threaten; to menace; to bullySee also 脅かす おどかす
- おど 。
- He threatened to make it public.
威す 【おどす】、嚇す 【おどす】
1. to threaten; to menaceSee also 脅かす おびやかす
- おいはら 。
- She scared the cat away.
2. to startle; to surprise
嚇かす 【おどかす】、威かす 【おどかす】
1. power; might; authority
- かれ 、
- He's unstoppable right now but the question is how long he can remain at the pinnacle of his career.
- Such conduct is beneath your dignity.
1. dignity; majesty; solemnity; gravity
- The prisoner of war bore himself with great dignity.
1. coercion; overpowering
2. to overpower; to overawe; to daunt
- The general's massive presence awes everyone.
1. high-handed; overbearing
- で 。
- Because he thought Fred's comment was tacky, Larry got up on his high horse.
1. with energy; vigorously; cheerfully; assertively; lustily
- かけつけさんばい 、
- Anybody who shows up late has to chug!
Common word Links
1. menace; threat; intimidation
2. to threaten; to intimidate
3. MobbingMobbing in the context of human beings means bullying of ... Read more
1. to domineer
- He tried unsuccessfully to domineer over his office workers.
1. forcible obstruction of business; obstructing business by force