Words — 168 found
1. ground; land; earth; soilAbbreviation
- かた 。
- Adversity strengthens the foundations.
2. the region in question; the local area
4. texture; fabric; material; weave
- Her dress has white spots on a blue background.
5. base; background
6. one's true nature
7. narrative (i.e. descriptive part of a story)
8. real life; actuality
9. (in the game of go) captured territory
10. noh chorusSee also 地謡
11. (in Japanese dance) accompaniment music
12. (in Japanese music) basic phrase (usu. repetitive)
13. base part (of multiple shamisens)
2. EarthquakeAn earthquake (also known as a quake, tremor or temblor) ... Read more
地震 【ない】、地震 【なえ】、地震 【じぶるい】
ない: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. なえ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. じぶるい: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
3. HellIn many religious traditions, hell is a place of sufferin... Read more
1. terrain; geographical features; topography
2. LandformA landform in the earth sciences and geology sub-fields, ... Read more
1. landlord; landowner
2. LandlordA landlord is the owner of a house, apartment, condominiu... Read more
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. district; region; area; locality
- なつ 、
- He traveled through the Tohoku district this summer.
2. the country; countryside; the provinces; rural areaAntonym: 中央 ちゅうおう
- It seems the rural area will be developed on a large scale.
1. home area; home town
- These goods may not be available locally.
- おこな 。
- The lady's funeral was held at the local church.
Common word Links
1. land mine; booby trap
2. topic that sets one off (esp. based on previous experience); sensitive topic; taboo topicColloquialism
3. Land mineA land mine is an explosive device, concealed under or on... Read more
1. ore; unprocessed metal; ground metal
2. (one's) true character
- His true colors are coming out.
3. IngotAn ingot is a material, usually metal, that is cast into ... Read more
2. LandslideA landslide or landslip is a geological phenomenon which ... Read more
地辷り 【じすべり】、地すべり 【じすべり】
1. local (silverware) industry (of the town)Yojijukugo (four character compound)
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. ground; crust (earth); bed (gravel, river, etc.)
2. foundation (building, etc.); base
3. constituency; power base; support (electoral); footing; foothold
1. local residents
- There was a flare-up between local residents and state regulators.
1. local newspaper
- He is the book critic for the local newspaper.