Words — 251 found
- ひと 。
- The sum of all the angles in a triangle equals 180 degrees.
2. harmony; peace
- か 。
- In sport, team harmony is vital to success.
3. Japan; Japanese-style
4. Wa (Japan)Japanese Wa is the oldest recorded name of Japan. Chinese... Read more
1. calm (at sea); lullAntonym: 時化
- きた 。
- After a storm comes a calm.
和ぎ 【なぎ】、和 【なぎ】
1. soft; fragile; weak; poorly built; insubstantialUsually written using kana alone
1. Japanese clothes
- み 。
- She certainly looks beautiful in a Japanese kimono.
2. KimonoThe kimono is a Japanese traditional garment worn by men,... Read more
1. to soften; to moderate; to relieve
- やわ 。
- The medicine decreased his pain.
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. mild; calm; gentle; quiet; harmonious
- There is a friendly atmosphere in the office.
1. reconciliation; amicable settlement; accommodation; compromise; mediation; rapprochement
- お 。
- The struggle ended in a satisfactory settlement.
2. court-mediated settlementLaw, etc. term, Only applies to わかい
3. translation of a foreign language into JapaneseArchaism
4. ConciliationConciliation is an alternative dispute resolution (ADR) p... Read more
1. Japanese-style room
- とい 。
- It is said that some British people like a Japanese-style room.
2. Washitsu, meaning "Japanese-style room(s)", is a Japanese term us... Read more
1. Wagyu beef; Japanese beef
- Japanese beef was on sale yesterday.
2. Wagyurefers to several breeds of cattle genetically predispose... Read more
1. wasabi (Wasabia japonica)Usually written using kana alone
- き 。
- This sushi is seasoned with plenty of horse-radish.
2. Wasabi, is a member of the Brassicaceae family, which includes ... Read more
和佐比: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. preceptor or high priest (esp. in Zen or Pure Land Buddhism)Honorific or respectful (sonkeigo), Only applies to おしょう
- The dress does not make the fair.
2. preceptor or high priest (in Tendai or Kegon Buddhism)Honorific or respectful (sonkeigo), Only applies to かしょう
3. preceptor or high priest (in Shingon, Hosso, Ritsu or Shin Buddhism)Honorific or respectful (sonkeigo), Only applies to わじょう, usu. 和上
4. second highest priestly rank in BuddhismSee also 法眼
5. monk (esp. the head monk of a temple)Only applies to おしょう, Only applies to かしょう
6. master (of one's art, trade, etc.)
8. BhikkhuA Bhikkhu or Vhikṣu is an ordained male Buddhist monastic... Read more
和尚 【かしょう】、和尚 【わじょう】、和上 【かしょう】、和上 【わじょう】
1. Japanese food; Japanese-style meal; Japanese cuisineSee also 洋食
- Have you ever eaten Japanese food?
1. peace conference; peace negotiations
- き 。
- We decided not to have peace negotiations with the invaders.
1. to soften; to calm down; to be mitigated
- やわ 。
- She melted at his kind words.
1. to be softened; to calm down
- The singer's voice melts your heart.
1. Holland; The NetherlandsUsually written using kana alone, From Portuguese “Olanda”
- He returned from Holland in June.
和蘭 【オランダ】、和蘭陀 【オランダ】
阿蘭陀: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 和蘭: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 和蘭陀: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. Japanese translation
- As far as I know, the novel is not translated into Japanese.
1. a blending of Japanese and Western styles
- す 。
- He lives in a house built in a semi foreign style.