Words — 178 found
1. counter for people (usu. seating, reservations and such)Honorific or respectful (sonkeigo)
- ししゃ ５
- めい 、
- ふしょうしゃ １００
- The toll from the accident was 5 persons dead and 100 persons injured.
2. first name
3. famous; greatSee also 名探偵
- Your wonderful lecture was pearls before swine.
5. nounAbbreviation, See also 名詞
1. famous place
2. name of a part (of an instrument, etc.)Only applies to などころ
3. name and addressOnly applies to などころ
4. Meishoare sites in Japan which are famous for their association... Read more
1. business card
2. Business cardBusiness cards are cards bearing business information abo... Read more
1. famous product; special product; speciality; specialty
2. MeibutsuMeibutsu (名物) is a Japanese term for famous products asso... Read more
1. nounlinguistics terminology
2. NounPut simply, a noun is a word used to name a person, place... Read more
なことば: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. honor; honour; credit; prestige
2. HonourHonour or honor (see spelling differences; from the Latin... Read more
1. register of names; list of names; roll; register
1. noted family; noble family
2. prestigious school, organization, business, etc.See also 名門校 めいもんこう
2. in the name of
- Every month, he saved ten thousand yen out of his income for his daughter.
1. name; title; appellation; (something) nominal
- Price increases explain the difference between the real and nominal growth rates.
2. (under the) pretext (of); pretense
1. distinguished family; noted family; noble family
2. family status in the Imperial CourtSee also 家格
3. master (of a craft); expert