Words — 87 found
1. inside; within
- せがたか 。
- John is the taller of the two.
2. whileUsually written using kana alone, See also ないうちに, also 裡
- The young boy got sticky fingers when he walked into stores.
3. among; amongst; betweenUsually written using kana alone
4. we (referring to one's in-group, i.e. company, etc.); ourUsually written using kana alone, See also 家 うち
- たず 。
- "Would you like to work for me, Tony?" asked Mr Wood.
5. my spouse
6. imperial palace groundsArchaism
8. I (primarily used by women and children); meKansai dialect
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. itemization (of expenses); the items; breakdown; classification
- How would you like them?
1. inside; interior; inner partAntonym: 外側
- かぎがか 。
- The door was locked from within.
1. inside and outside; domestic and foreign; approximately; interior and exterior
- That politician is well versed in internal and external conditions.
1. moderate; private matter; family circle; the inside
- There is a skeleton in every closet.
1. lowdown; inside curtain; inside information; hidden circumstances; inside facts; inner workings; undisclosed circumstances
- He says he'll blow the story open.
1. bashfulness; shyness; reserve; timidity
- The shy boy murmured his name.
1. private pupil; apprentice
- Apprenticeship is a system where you eat, sleep and live with your master and are taught various martial arts know-how and secrets.
1. inner thigh
2. (walking) pigeon-toed; one's toes turned inwardOnly applies to うちまた
- That guy is walking pigeon-toed.
3. uchimata (judo); throwing an opponent by putting one's leg between their legsOnly applies to うちまた
4. Uchi matais one of the original 40 throws of Judo as developed by ... Read more
内股 【うちもも】、内腿 【うちもも】
1. deposit; money paid on account
- おねが 。
- We'd like a deposit of $50.
2. bargain money
1. braggart; someone haughty and boastful at home but meek and reserved outside; a man who is a lion at home and a mouse abroad
- Every cock crows on his own dunghill.
1. family quarrel; quarreling among themselves; quarrelling among themselves
- はじ 。
- They began to quarrel among themselves.
1. internal lock
- つ 。
- When my home had an extension built I only had this room fitted with soundproofing and an internal lock.
1. family circle; the inside; private; informal; secret; confidential
- Please keep this a secret.
内々 【ないない】、内内 【うちうち】、内内 【ないない】
1. Lord Keeper of the Privy Seal (1885-1945 CE)Only applies to ないだいじん
2. Minister of the Interior (669-1868 CE)
3. NaidaijinThe Naidaijin, usually translated as Inner Minister—also ... Read more
内大臣 【うちのおとど】、内大臣 【うちのおおまえつぎみ】、内大臣 【うちのおおおみ】
うちのおとど: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. うちのおおまえつぎみ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. うちのおおおみ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. inner moat; moat within the castle walls
内壕 【うちぼり】、内濠 【うちぼり】