Words — 251 found
1. world; society; age; generation
- Light has come into the world.
2. Series (stratigraphy)Series are subdivisions of rock layers made based on the ... Read more
1. charge; cost; price
- The longer you stay, the more overtime pay you'll get.
2. generation; age; reign
- き 。
- Our transactions with that firm have continued unbroken since my father's generation.
3. eraGeology, etc. term
4. a representative of; on behalf of; for (someone)after someone's name or title
5. used after a phone number to indicate that it is a switchboard numberSee also 代表電話番号
6. counter for decades of ages, eras, etc.
- おお 。
- Many young women in their 20s plan to go abroad during their summer holidays.
7. counter for generations (of inheritors to a throne, etc.)
- だい ９０
- ねん ９
- がつ ２６
- The Abe Cabinet is the Cabinet inaugurated on September 26, 2006 by Shinzo Abe, who was appointed as Japan's 90th Prime Minister.
8. proxy application companyAbbreviation, See also 代理申請会社
9. pronounAbbreviation, See also 代名詞, used in dictionaries, etc.
1. representation; agency; proxy; deputy; agent; attorney; substitute; alternate; acting (principal, etc.)
- Does she come from the agency that sent the last temporary I had?
2. Law of agencyThe law of agency is an area of commercial law dealing wi... Read more
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. pronounlinguistics terminology
- せつぞくし +
- だいめいし 」
- Relative pronouns perform as 'conjunction + pronoun'.
2. synonym; classic example; pattern; byword; representative
- The name Cleopatra has become a byword for a beautiful woman.
3. PronounIn linguistics and grammar, a pronoun is a pro-form that ... Read more
1. substitute; replacement; substituting; replacing
- おく 。
- Instead of going myself, I sent a letter.
2. stand-in; proxy; alternate; deputy; relief; successor
- よこ 。
- Using a doubled-up cushion in place of a pillow I lie down on the hard wooden floor with nothing but a carpet spread over it.
3. compensation; exchange; returnSee also 代わりに, usu. as 〜代わりに, etc.
4. second helping; another cup; secondsSee also お代わり おかわり, usu. as お代わり
5. upcoming program; upcoming programmeAbbreviation, See also 替わり狂言, esp. 替わり, 替り
替わり 【かわり】、代り 【かわり】、替り 【かわり】
1. to replaceusu. 替える
- Shall I change the water for the flowers?
2. to exchange; to interchangeusu. 換える
- The bank will cash your fifty dollar check.
3. to substituteusu. 代える
替える 【かえる】、代える 【かえる】
1. representative; representation; delegation; type; example; model
- She is due to speak for the class.
1. price; payment; cost; charge; the money; the bill
- Can I pay for the book by check?
1. to succeed; to relieve; to replaceesp. 替わる, 替る
2. to take the place of; to substitute for; to take over for; to representesp. 代わる, 代る
3. to be exchanged; to change (places with); to switchesp. 換わる, 換る
代わる 【かわる】、換わる 【かわる】、替る 【かわる】、代る 【かわる】、換る 【かわる】
- This box will serve as a table.
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. alternately; by turns
- こころ 。
- The two tried one after the other.
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. pay by proxy; act for another; speak for another
- She spoke for the homeless.
- He appeared as a pinch hitter in the game.
2. Pinch hitterIn baseball, a pinch hitter is a substitute batter. Batte... Read more
1. compensation; indemnification; reparation; consideration
- What price do we have to pay for these advantages?
1. parliamentarian; member of a congress
- By the way, I wonder how much of a hand Hiragawa MP plays in this matter?
1. for generations; hereditary; generation after generation
- These tales have been passed on from generation to generation.
代代 【だいだい】、代々 【よよ】、代代 【よよ】、世々 【よよ】、世世 【よよ】
1. substitution; alternation
2. alternative; substitute
- When applying for tickets, please give alternative dates.
代替 【だいがえ】、代替え 【だいがえ】
1. representative; exemplary; model
- He typified the times in which he lived.
1. agent; agency
- Is it possible to reproduce 70 copies of your report which appeared in the November issue of The Network and distribute them to our agents?