Words — 3980 found
Common word Links
1. (sentence end, mainly masc.) indicates emotion or emphasis
- Ah, this hot water's good!
2. (used with masu stem verb) commandAbbreviation, from なさい
- Out of my way, boy.
3. (used with dictionary form verb) prohibition
- Don't put the cart before the horse.
4. Na (kana)な, in hiragana, or ナ in katakana, is one of the Japanese ... Read more
1. name; given name
3. fame; renown; reputation
4. pretext; pretense; justification; appearance
- It is the hottest this summer.
2. SummerSummer is the warmest of the four temperate seasons, betw... Read more
1. summer vacation; summer holiday
- Are you going away this summer?
2. Summer vacationSummer vacation (also called summer holidays or summer br... Read more
1. to become; to get; to grow; to be; to reach; to attainUsually written using kana alone
- When you go, I'll miss you very much.
2. to result in; to prove to be
- The news turned out true in a week.
3. to consist of; to be composed of
- な 。
- Nine players make up a team.
4. to succeed; to be complete
5. to change into; to be exchanged for
6. to play a roleSee also 成り済ます
7. to be promoted
8. to do ...Honorific or respectful (sonkeigo), as お+masu-stem+になる, ご+noun+になる, etc.
- おそ 。
- The earthquake shook the area.
2. EarthquakeAn earthquake (also known as a quake, tremor or temblor) ... Read more
地震 【ない】、地震 【なえ】、地震 【じぶるい】
ない: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. なえ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. じぶるい: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. tear; tears; lachrymal secretion
- ながれお 。
- Two tears fell down her cheeks.
3. TearsA Tear gland/Lacrimal gland B) Superior lacrimal punctum ... Read more
泪 【なみだ】、涕 【なみだ】、涙 【なだ】、涙 【なんだ】
なだ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. なんだ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. saucepan; pot
2. stew; hot potFood term
3. Cookware and bakewareCookware and bakeware are types of food preparation conta... Read more
1. to stream; to flow (liquid, time, etc.); to run (ink)
- ながれ 。
- The Seine flows through Paris.
2. to be washed away; to be carried
- なが 。
- Pure water was washed away to this river as well at that time.
3. to drift; to float (e.g. clouds); to wander; to stray
4. to sweep (e.g. rumour, fire); to spread; to circulate
- なが 。
- Word got around that Jeanette and Dave were having an affair.
5. to be heard (e.g. music); to be played
- The news has just come on the radio.
6. to lapse (e.g. into indolence, despair)
7. to pass; to elapse; to be transmitted
8. to be called off; to be forfeited
9. to disappear; to be removed
10. NagareruNagareru is a 1956 Japanese film directed by Mikio Naruse... Read more
- What did the announcement just say?
2. how manyOnly applies to なん, See also 何か月, followed by a counter
- くら 、
- "No, not so much. At most comparing sizes, telling dirty stories." "Sizes of what?" "Of 'that'."
3. you-know-what; that
- I know you're at an age where sexual desire flourishes and you want to do 'you-know-what' with 'that' but... well, sit down there.
4. whatsit; what's the expression; what do you call them
5. what?expressing surprise
6. hey!expressing anger or irritability
1. long (distance)Only applies to 長い
- の 。
- Her hair grew back.
2. long (time); lengthy
- It'll be a long time before she gets over her father's death.
- The pirates sailed the seven seas.
Common word JLPT N5 Links
1. why; howUsually written using kana alone
- How come you're still working?
何故 【なにゆえ】、何ゆえ 【なにゆえ】