Words — 3973 found
Common word Links
1. (sentence end, mainly masc.) indicates emotion or emphasis
2. (used with masu stem verb) commandAbbreviation, from なさい
3. (used with dictionary form verb) prohibition
4. Na (kana)な, in hiragana, or ナ in katakana, is one of the Japanese ... Read more
1. name; given name
3. fame; renown; reputation
4. pretext; pretense; justification; appearance
- It is the hottest this summer.
2. SummerSummer is the warmest of the four temperate seasons, betw... Read more
1. summer vacation; summer holiday
- Are you going away this summer?
2. Summer vacationSummer vacation (also called summer holidays or summer br... Read more
1. to become; to get; to grow; to be; to reach; to attainUsually written using kana alone
- When you go, I'll miss you very much.
2. to result in; to prove to be
- The news turned out true in a week.
3. to consist of; to be composed of
- な 。
- Nine players make up a team.
4. to succeed; to be complete
5. to change into; to be exchanged for
6. to play a roleSee also 成り済ます
7. to be promoted
8. to do ...Honorific or respectful (sonkeigo), as お+masu-stem+になる, ご+noun+になる, etc.
- おそ 。
- The earthquake shook the area.
2. EarthquakeAn earthquake (also known as a quake, tremor or temblor) ... Read more
地震 【ない】、地震 【なえ】、地震 【じぶるい】
ない: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. なえ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. じぶるい: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. tear; tears; lachrymal secretion
- ながれお 。
- Two tears fell down her cheeks.
3. TearsA Tear gland/Lacrimal gland B) Superior lacrimal punctum ... Read more
泪 【なみだ】、涕 【なみだ】、涙 【なだ】、涙 【なんだ】
なだ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. なんだ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. saucepan; pot
2. stew; hot potFood term
3. Cookware and bakewareCookware and bakeware are types of food preparation conta... Read more
1. to stream; to flow (liquid, time, etc.); to run (ink)
- なが 。
- The Seine flows through Paris.
2. to be washed away; to be carried
- なが 。
- Pure water was washed away to this river as well at that time.
3. to drift; to float (e.g. clouds); to wander; to stray
4. to sweep (e.g. rumour, fire); to spread; to circulate
- なが 。
- Word got around that Jeanette and Dave were having an affair.
5. to be heard (e.g. music); to be played
- The news has just come on the radio.
6. to lapse (e.g. into indolence, despair)
7. to pass; to elapse; to be transmitted
8. to be called off; to be forfeited
9. to disappear; to be removed
10. NagareruNagareru is a 1956 Japanese film directed by Mikio Naruse... Read more
- What did the announcement just say?
2. how manyOnly applies to なん, See also 何か月, followed by a counter
- くら 、
- "No, not so much. At most comparing sizes, telling dirty stories." "Sizes of what?" "Of 'that'."
3. you-know-what; that
- I know you're at an age where sexual desire flourishes and you want to do 'you-know-what' with 'that' but... well, sit down there.
4. whatsit; what's the expression; what do you call them
5. what?expressing surprise
6. hey!expressing anger or irritability
1. long (distance)Only applies to 長い
- の 。
- Her hair grew back.
2. long (time); lengthy
- It'll be a long time before she gets over her father's death.
- The pirates sailed the seven seas.
Common word JLPT N5 Links
1. why; howUsually written using kana alone
- How come you're still working?
何故 【なにゆえ】、何ゆえ 【なにゆえ】