Words — 134 found
Common word Links
1. indicates supposition; if ... then; when; after
- Ah, well I've bandaged it for the meantime but if that's awkward then it's fine to replace it with a plaster when you get home.
2. (typically after someone's name) indicates exasperationusu. ったら
- "... in other words, sex!?" "Geez, you don't beat around the bush!"
1. obi; kimono sash
- Her kimono and obi combination is smart, isn't it?
3. Obi (sash)is a sash for traditional Japanese dress, keikogi worn fo... Read more
帯 【たらし】、帶 【おび】、帶 【たらし】
たらし: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. 帶: Out-dated kanji. たらし: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. 帶: Out-dated kanji.
1. to dribble; to spill
- She dropped lemon juice into her tea.
2. to suspend; to hang down; to slouch; to dangle
1. just under; a little less than; just short of
- も 。
- He has a hundred dollars at most.
1. to one's heart's contentUsually written using kana alone
- た 。
- We played a good knife and fork.
鱈腹: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. dripping; drop
- Water is dripping from the wet towel.
滴し 【たらし】、滴 【たらし】
滴: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. acrobatic barrel-rolling (performed using the feet while lying on the back)
2. handing something around (within a fixed group of people in a pre-arranged order)
- I'm opposed to political power being monopolized within a clique.
3. handing off a problem to someone else (in order to evade responsibility)
1. tub; washbasin; washbowlUsually written using kana alone
- The boy splashed about in the tub.
Common word Links
1. drop-by-drop; dribbling; in a trickleOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
2. incessantly (esp. speaking, e.g. complaints, compliments); in great profusion
- She keeps moaning that she has no time.
1. what if (as in What If stories)See also 仮定法
- "So, you'll go out with me if I don't have to repeat a year?" "I don't care for 'what if' stories."
1. red king crab (Paralithodes camtschaticus)Usually written using kana alone
2. Paralithodes camtschaticusThe red king crab, Paralithodes camtschaticus, is a speci... Read more
鱈場蟹 【たらばがに】、多羅波蟹 【たらばがに】、鱈場ガニ 【たらばがに】、鱈場ガニ 【たらばガニ】、タラバガニ
1. devil's walking stick (tree) (Aralia elata); Japanese angelica treeUsually written using kana alone
2. Aralia elataAralia elata or Japanese Angelica-tree is a woody plant b... Read more
楤の木 【たらのき】、楤木 【たらのき】、タラの木 【タラのき】、タラノキ