Words — 659 found
1. to write; to compose; to pen
2. to draw; to paintSee also 描く かく
1. status; character; case
- The general's massive presence awes everyone.
2. Grammatical caseIn grammar, the case of a noun or pronoun is an inflectio... Read more
- ひと 。
- The sum of all the angles in a triangle equals 180 degrees.
2. square (or cube)
4. third degree (of the Japanese & Chinese pentatonic scale)See also 五音
6. jiao (monetary unit of China; one-tenth of a yuan)See also 元 げん
7. Horn (anatomy)A horn is a pointed projection of the skin on the head of... Read more
1. to scratchUsually written using kana alone
- Don't scratch your mosquito bite. It'll get inflamed.
2. to perspireSee also 汗をかく
- The teacher's words put Mary in a cold sweat.
3. to shovel; to paddle
1. pit (of a fruit); stone
3. nucleus; nuclear
- No country under the sun is safe in this nuclear age.
4. nuclear weaponrySee also 核兵器
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. stroke (of a kanji, etc.)
- みち 」
- How many strokes does the kanji for "michi" have?
1. to chip; to nick; to break; to crack
2. to lack
1. each; every; all
- Each member has to pay a membership fee.
1. guest; visitor
- Do you have guests for dinner?
2. customer; client; shopper; spectator; audience; tourist; sightseer; passenger
- It was early spring, so there weren't many customers.
1. certain; definiteSee also 確たる証拠
- The company turned him down for no apparent reason.
1. to draw; to paint; to sketchSee also 書く
2. to depict; to describeOnly applies to えがく
3. to picture in one's mind; to imagine
4. to form a certain shape (e.g. path of an action, appearance of an object, etc.)
描く 【かく】、画く 【えがく】、画く 【かく】
1. to carry on one's shoulders (esp. of two or more people carrying a palanquin, etc.)
- The angle would be too narrow.
2. AngleIn geometry, an angle is the figure formed by two rays, c... Read more
1. probability; likelihood; chances
- If I wait, what's the possibility I can get a seat?
2. ProbabilityProbability is ordinarily used to describe an attitude of... Read more