Words — 51 found
1. in high spirits; elated
- You could see the elation in the president's face when he announced that our shares are going to be listed on the First Section of the TSE next year.
意気軒高 【いきけんこう】、意気軒昻 【いきけんこう】
意気軒昻: Out-dated kanji.
1. fair and square; open and aboveboard
- のぞ 。
- Mr Wilson likes him to play square.
1. triumphant; exultant; in high and proud spirits, See also 揚々
- The Japanese World Cup champion team came back home flushed with victory.
1. very ordinary; mediocre; all-too-common; quite commonplace
- めずら 。
- A protagonist as plain and ordinary as him is rare indeed.
1. galaxy of able persons; collection of intellectuals
- Not bad—not bad at all. This is quite a gathering of talent to have under one roof.
多士済々 【たしさいさい】、多士済済 【たしせいせい】、多士済済 【たしさいさい】
1. full of confidence; brimming with (self-)confidence; having great faith in oneself
- He flatters himself he will win.
1. clearly evident; quite obvious; as clear as day; beyond any doubt; strikingly apparent
- It's abundantly clear.
1. obscure; vague; ambiguous
- That doesn't make it clear at all whether you're for it or against it.
1. naivete; simplicity; innocence
- Naivete is his only merit.
1. to become desperate; to give in to despairSee also 自棄
- じつ 、
- To tell the truth, she gave away all her money to others in desperation.
1. brackish waters (of an estuary)
2. Brackish waterBrackish water is water that has more salinity than fresh... Read more
1. having presence of mind; self-possessed; imperturbable; calm and self-possessed
1. remaining unchanged (from the old state of things); none the better for the change (if at all)
1. quite willingly; readily; with acquiescence, See also 唯々諾々として