Words — 138 found
1. to open; to undo; to unseal; to unpack
- せんしゅう 、
- ひら 。
- We gave a ball last week.
2. to bloom; to unfold; to spread out
- はじ 。
- Little by little, the buds on the rosebush in my garden begin to open.
3. to open (for business, e.g. in the morning)
4. to be wide (gap, etc.); to widen
5. to hold (meeting, etc.); to give; to open
6. to found (nation, dynasty, sect, etc.); to open (a new business); to set up; to establish; to start
7. to open (ports, borders, etc.)
8. to open (an account)
9. to open up (new land, path, etc.); to clear; to developSee also 拓く
10. to open (a file, etc.)Computer terminology
11. to extract (root); to reduce (equation)Mathematics
12. to cut open (fish)Food term, as 魚を開く
13. to change (kanji into hiragana)
14. to flare (e.g. skirt)
15. to slacken (into a poor posture)Sports term, as 体が開く, 肩が開く, etc.
1. to drive in (e.g. nail, stake); to hammer in
2. to hit (a ball, etc.); to drive; to smash
3. to fire into (e.g. a crowd); to launch (e.g. missiles); to lob (e.g. grenades)See also 撃ち込む
4. to input (data); to enter
5. to devote oneself to; to go heart and soul into; to throw oneself into; to go head over heels for
6. to practice hitting (baseball, tennis, etc.)Sports term
7. to hit (an opponent in kendo, boxing, etc.); to get a blow inMartial arts term
8. to invade one's opponent's territory (in the game of go); to place a stone in an opponent's formation
9. to pour (concrete, etc.) into a form
- Do you mean to do without an overcoat?
2. over; exceeding; going beyond; exaggerationAntonym: アンダー
- This bag is 4 kilograms overweight.
3. ball hit over the head of an outfielderBaseball term
4. Oba (Canada)
1. service; help; assistance; care; concern
- よ 。
- That store gives good service.
2. discount; freebie; free gift
3. service; serveSports term, See also サーブ, in tennis
4. service; servicing; (product) maintenance
5. Service (economics)In economics, a service is an intangible commodity. More ... Read more
2. pass (e.g. skipping a move, passing an examination, ticket to allow entry, etc.)
- It is no wonder that he passed the examination.
3. passSports term
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. front (aspect, weather, war-front, etc.)
- にど 、
- The front-roller thrust angle is 2 degrees, probably there were plans to strengthen that angle a little when racing.
2. reception (hotel, etc.); front desk
- Please check your valuables at the front desk.
3. front office; team managementSports term
1. goal; basket (basketball); finishing line; winning postSports term
2. GaulSee also ガリア
3. Gol; Gall; Gaul; Gohl; Gorr
Common word JLPT N2 Links
2. backing; going backwards; reversing
3. background; background colour (color)
4. backhandSports term
5. backer; supporter
7. backstroke (swimming)
8. doggy style (sexual position)Slang
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. doubleSee also シングル, sometimes written as "Ｗ"
2. double bed; hotel room with a double bedAbbreviation, See also ダブルベッド
3. double-breastedAbbreviation, See also ダブルブレスト
5. double width (of cloth; usu. 1.42 meters)Abbreviation, See also ダブル幅
6. doubles (e.g. in tennis)Sports term, Abbreviation, See also ダブルス
7. biracial person (esp. half-Japanese); person of mixed parentageSee also ハーフ, alternative to ハーフ
1. semifinalSports term
- The team won the semifinals and advanced to the finals.
1. complete defeat; losing all of one's matches; finishing the tournament with no winsSports term
- きっ 。
- Our team lost all its games.
1. singleSee also ダブル
- いっぱく ５０
- We have a single for 50 dollars per night.
2. single bed; hotel room with a single bedAbbreviation, See also シングルベッド
5. single width (of cloth; usu. 0.71 meters)Abbreviation, See also シングル幅
6. singles (e.g. in tennis)Sports term, Abbreviation, See also シングルス
7. singleBaseball term, Abbreviation, See also シングルヒット
8. single-figure handicap (in golf)Sports term, See also シングルプレーヤー
10. Single (music)In music, a single or record single is a type of release,... Read more
1. period; dot character
- かんたんふ （!）、
- ぎもんふ （?）、
- お 。
- When writing a sentence, generally you start with a capital letter and finish with a period (.), an exclamation mark (!), or a question mark (?).
2. period (era, amount of time)
3. periodSports term
1. strike (e.g. in baseball, bowling)Sports term
- The batter has two balls and two strikes on him.
1. foulSports term
- The umpire called the ball foul.
1. forwardSports term, See also バックス
2. forwarding (email)Computer terminology
3. forwards; forward contractFinance term
1. half time; halftimeSports term
- What was the score at halftime?
2. Half-timeIn some team sports such as association football and rugb... Read more