Words — 237 found
1. rural area; countryside; the sticksSensitive
- き 。
- I feel completely restored after a week in the country.
- い 。
- I visited my father's hometown last summer.
3. Rural areaRural areas or the country or countryside are areas of la... Read more
いなか: Gikun (meaning as reading) or jukujikun (special kanji reading).
1. to die; to pass awaySensitive
2. to lose spirit; to lose vigor; to look dead
3. to cease; to stop
2. FishermanA fisherman or fisher is someone who captures fish and ot... Read more
1. emigration; immigrationSensitive
- ながいあいだ 「
- The United States has long been known as a "melting pot" because most of its people are descended from immigrants.
2. emigrant; immigrant
- なや 。
- The German Chancellor is plagued by immigration problems.
3. ImmigrationImmigration is the act of foreigners passing or coming in... Read more
1. mixed race; mixed parentageSensitive
2. MultiracialThe terms multiracial and mixed-race describe people whos... Read more
1. extramarital sex; affair; fooling around
- He was always faithful to his wife.
2. infidelity; wantonness; unfaithfulness; inconstancy; fickleness; caprice
- あいて 。
- She is a loose woman and will honestly go with anyone.
うわ気 【うわき】、上気 【うわき】
上気: Out-dated kanji.
- はこびこ 。
- A freezing beggar was brought into the hospital for treatment. However, he didn't have even one cent with which to settle the bill.
- The pauper was begging for a living.
3. BeggingBegging is the present participle of the verb 'beg. ' To ... Read more
1. fool; simpleton; idiotSensitive, Usually written using kana alone
阿房 【あほう】、阿呆 【あほ】、アホ
1. public bathhouse
- The fire started in the bathhouse.
2. bathhouse proprietorSensitive
1. employee; worker
2. laborer (labourer); blue-collar worker
労動者: Irregular kanji usage.
1. hamlet; subunit of villageSensitive
- とき 、
- Years of resistance to misfortune ended when the settlers' village was overcome by the savages and their hopes and lives came to the bitter end.
2. burakumin areaSensitive
1. boss; kingpin; chief; head (e.g. of a crime syndicate)Sensitive
1. madness; madmanSensitive, Usually written using kana alone
2. enthusiast; freak; junkieUsually written using kana alone
気狂い 【きちがい】、基地外 【きちがい】、既知外 【きちがい】、キチガイ
基地外: Irregular kanji usage. 既知外: Irregular kanji usage.
1. brow; foreheadUsually written using kana alone, See also 凸 でこ
2. prominent forehead; beetle browUsually written using kana alone
3. not catching anything (in fishing)Usually written using kana alone, Colloquialism