Words — 356 found
1. sound; noise; report
- き 。
- We can hear the ocean from here.
2. noteMusic term
- だ 。
- She struck high notes on the piano.
3. fameOnly applies to おと
4. Chinese-derived character readingOnly applies to おん, See also 訓 くん
5. SoundSound is a mechanical wave that is an oscillation of pres... Read more
音 【ね】、音 【おん】
1. strange; odd; peculiar; weird; curious; queer; eccentric; funny; suspicious; fishy
- The orange left a strange taste in my mouth.
4. incident; disturbance; disaster; accident
5. flatMusic term, See also 変ロ短調
變: Out-dated kanji.
1. score; sheet musicMusic term
- ひ 。
- She plays the piano by ear.
2. Sheet musicSheet music is a handwritten or printed form of music not... Read more
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. prelude; overtureMusic term
- き 。
- They came early so they wouldn't miss the prelude.
2. Prelude (music)A prelude (Germ. Präludium or Vorspiel; Lat. praeludium; ... Read more
1. ripple; ring on the water
3. Japanese slit drum; instrument made of iron with slits on top; makes a rippling soundMusic term
1. basic tone; underlying tone; basic theme; basis; keynote
3. keynoteMusic term, See also 主調
1. moving forward (e.g. vehicle); onward movement
2. advance (work, procedure, etc); advancement; progress
3. progress (of a disease); disease progression
4. progression (harmonic, melodic)Music term
1. bluesMusic term
- なつ １２
- There go the twelve bars blues.
2. BluesBlues is the name given to both a musical form and a musi... Read more
1. sonataMusic term, From Italian
- I'll play a sonata for you.
2. SonataSonata, in music, literally means a piece played as oppos... Read more
1. reggaeMusic term
- What do you think of reggae?
2. ReggaeReggae is a music genre first developed in Jamaica in the... Read more
1. staff notationMusic term
2. Staff (music)In standard Western musical notation, the staff, or stave... Read more
1. fantasy; fantasiaMusic term
2. Fantasia (music)The fantasia (from Italian: fantasia; also English: fanta... Read more
1. harmony; concord; consonanceMusic term
2. HarmonyIn music, harmony is the use of simultaneous pitches, or ... Read more
1. chordMusic term
2. (Japanese) on reading
3. Japanese music
4. Chord (music)This article describes pitch simultaneity and harmony in ... Read more
1. variationMusic term
2. Variation (music)In music, variation is a formal technique where material ... Read more
1. flat; even
2. flat (e.g. in x seconds flat); just; exactly
- はし 。
- He ran 100 meters in 11 seconds flat.
3. flatMusic term
4. flat; apartment
- い 、
- When the shooting died down a bit, Daddy ran over to our flat and brought us back some sandwiches.