Words — 3444 found
1. Emperor of Japan
3. Emperor of JapanThe Emperor of Japan is "the symbol of the state and of t... Read more
天皇 【すめらぎ】、天皇 【すめろぎ】
Common word JLPT N3 Links
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. good; excellent; fine; nice; pleasant; agreeableUsually written using kana alone, also いい (all senses)
- Hope to see you again next year.
2. sufficient (can be used to turn down an offer); ready; prepared
- い 。
- "I'm going to see your father today, about career counselling." "You don't need to bother with that."
3. profitable (e.g. deal, business offer, etc.); beneficial
- あるひ 、
- で 。
- One day I had a phone call from a friend. "There's a nice little earner, won't you come round?" so I went to his house.
- You may go on condition that you return by five.
善い 【よい】、好い 【よい】、佳い 【よい】、吉い 【よい】、宜い 【よい】
宜い: Irregular kanji usage.
誰 【たれ】、誰 【た】
たれ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. た: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. to make; to produce; to manufacture; to build; to construct造る usu. for large-scale building, manufacturing, etc. 創る usu. for creating
- つく 。
- Wherever he may go, he is sure to make friends.
2. to prepare (food); to brew (alcohol)
- つく 。
- You can't make an omelet without breaking eggs.
3. to raise; to grow; to cultivate; to trainSee also 野菜を作る
- It's much cheaper to live on grains and vegetables you can grow in your garden.
4. to till
5. to draw up (a document); to make out; to prepare; to write
- You should try to produce grammatical sentences.
6. to create (an artistic work, etc.); to compose
- つく 、
- Desktop publishing lets you produce books quickly and cheaply. It's like killing two birds with one stone.
7. to coin (a phrase); to organize; to organise; to establish; to found
8. to have (a child)
9. to make up (one's face, etc.)
10. to fabricate (an excuse, etc.)
11. to form (a line, etc.)
12. to set (a record)
- おも 。
- I insist that exceptions not be made.
13. to commit (a sin, etc.)
造る 【つくる】、創る 【つくる】
1. you (referring to someone of equal or lower status)Usually written using kana alone, Polite (teineigo), 貴女 refers only to females and 貴男 refers only to males
- If you get enough rest every night, you'll feel much better.
2. dear (what a wife calls a husband)Only applies to 貴方, Only applies to 貴男
- Don't go, dears.
貴女 【あなた】、貴男 【あなた】
1. to go; to move (in a direction or towards a specific location); to head (towards); to be transported (towards); to reachSee also 来る くる
- おかあ 、
- Can I go swimming, Mother?
2. to proceed; to take placeSee also 旨く行く, い sometimes omitted in auxiliary use
- We'll have to try and make the best of it.
3. to pass through; to come and go
- These rules have been and always will be observed.
4. to walk
5. to die; to pass awayOnly applies to 逝く
6. to do (in a specific way)
7. to stream; to flow
8. to continue
9. to have an orgasm; to come; to cumUsually written using kana alone
10. to trip; to get high; to have a drug-induced hallucinationUsually written using kana alone, Slang
行く 【ゆく】、往く 【いく】、往く 【ゆく】、逝く 【いく】、逝く 【ゆく】
往く: Out-dated kanji. 往く: Out-dated kanji. 逝く: Out-dated kanji. 逝く: Out-dated kanji.
1. to finish; to end; to closealso written 了る, 卒る, etc.
終る 【おわる】、了わる 【おわる】、卒わる 【おわる】、畢わる 【おわる】、竟わる 【おわる】
1. remainder; rest; balance; remains; scraps; residue; remnantUsually written using kana alone
- Gyoza stuffing? I made some gyoza at home but, possibly because I didn't have enough dough, I had some of the filling left over.
2. not very (with negative sentence); not muchUsually written using kana alone
- It's not worth much.
3. surplus; excess; fullness; too muchUsually written using kana alone, See also の余り のあまり
- はたら 。
- It is too hot to work.
4. more than; over
- We were entranced by the fabulous suite.
余り 【あんまり】、餘り 【あまり】、餘り 【あんまり】
餘り: Out-dated kanji. 餘り: Out-dated kanji.
1. interesting; fascinating; intriguing; enthralling
- Is this your interesting book?
2. amusing; funny; comical
- She told her children an amusing story.
3. pleasant; enjoyable; agreeable; fun
- This book makes pleasant reading.
1. bodySee also 身体 しんたい, からだ is a gikun reading of 身体
- The chameleon can take on the colors of its background.
2. torso; trunk
- きた 、
- If he had trained himself harder at that time, he would be healthier now.
3. build; physique; constitution
5. corpse; dead body
身体 【からだ】、躰 【からだ】、躯 【からだ】
1. younger brother; little brother; kid brotherHumble (kenjougo)
- とりちが 。
- He mistook me for my younger brother.
2. pupil; apprenticeArchaism, Only applies to てい
弟 【おと】、弟 【おとと】、弟 【てい】
おとと: Irregular kana usage.
1. end; finish; stop
- His curiosity knew no bounds.
- はや 、
- You should call your mother as soon as possible.
3. delivery date (of a futures contract)esp. 限り,限
4. finale (of a noh song); end of an act (in joruri or kabuki); final performance of the day (in vaudeville)
- You will fail unless you work harder.
5. counter for slices (esp. thick slices); counter for cuts (e.g. fish, meat)
- ほんげつ ２５
- こと 。
- Tuition fees must be paid not later than the 25th of this month.
6. only; justUsually written using kana alone, See also っ切り っきり, senses 6-8 are sometimes pronounced ぎり, esp. in old-fashioned speech
7. since; afterUsually written using kana alone, usu. in a negative sentence
8. remaining (in a particular state)Usually written using kana alone
限り 【きり】、限 【きり】
限: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. spare time; free time; leisure
- "Oh? If you're free get the cleaning done." "What's up with that? Don't order your brother around!"
2. time (e.g. time it takes to do something)Only applies to ひま, Only applies to ヒマ
3. time off; day off; vacation; holiday; leave
4. quitting (one's job); firing someone; divorcing (one's spouse)
5. (of one's time) free; (of one's business) slowOnly applies to ひま, Only applies to ヒマ
6. leaving; departingOnly applies to いとま, See also 御暇
閑 【ひま】、暇 【いとま】、遑 【いとま】、ヒマ
1. bright; colourful
- ひか 。
- The diamond shone brightly.
- The child captivates everyone with his sunny smile.
3. familiar (with); knowledgeable (about)as 〜に明るい
- You're pretty good with the lay of the land.
4. fair (e.g. politics); clean
明い: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. beginning; start; outset; opening
2. first (in line, etc.)esp. 初め
3. originesp. 始め
4. such as ...; not to mention ...Usually written using kana alone, esp. 始め; as 〜を始め, 〜を始めとして, etc.
1. three参 is used in legal documents
三 【み】、３ 【さん】、３ 【み】、参 【さん】、参 【み】