Words — 68 found
1. familiar form of "older brother"Familiar language
- "Talking about 108, that's the number of worldly passions." "What worldly passions have you got then?" "I could say, but it'll get censored out."
2. form of address for young adult male; misterFamiliar language
- Mummy, that man just fell flat on his face!
1. familiar form of "older sister"Familiar language, See also お姉さん
- I have to wrap my sister's dinner in clingfilm.
2. form of address for young adult femaleFamiliar language
- おにい 、
- つな 、
- Mama! That lady and man are holding hands, they're great friends aren't they!
1. head (of a household, etc.); leader; master
2. owner; proprietor; proprietress
3. subject (of a rumour, etc.); doer (of a deed)
4. guardian spirit (e.g. long-resident beast, usu. with mystical powers); long-time resident (or employee, etc.)
6. youFamiliar language, See also おぬし
Common word Links
1. look here; I say; well; I know what; I'll tell you what; just a minute; hold onFamiliar language, Female term or language
Common word Links
1. middle-aged manAbbreviation, Derogatory, Familiar language
- Hey, pops! What are you doing!
2. Buddhist priestAbbreviation, Familiar language
1. Buddhist priest; bonze
2. close-cropped hair; crew cut; person with a shorn head
3. boy; sonny; ladFamiliar language, Derogatory
4. not catching anything (in fishing)See also お凸 おでこ
房主: Out-dated kanji.
1. used after the name of someone who is an older sister figureFamiliar language, See also 兄 にい
- ねえ 」「
- "Ah, y-yes ... Sorry, Coz." "Hey! You might be my relative but here I'm your senior and a doctor. Keep things straight while you're in the hospital!"
2. used with various honorifics to mean (older) sisterSee also お姉さん
1. hey; say; look; used to get someone's attention or press one's pointFamiliar language
1. mountainHonorific or respectful (sonkeigo), Polite (teineigo), Familiar language, See also 山 やま
御山 【おやま】、御山 【みやま】
みやま: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. bonze; monk
2. monk's dwellingOnly applies to ぼう
3. (vocative) boy; sonny
4. I; meOnly applies to ぼう, used by male children
5. familiar form of addressFamiliar language, Only applies to ぼう, after name
6. person who is ..Only applies to ぼう, often preceded by ん
1. you (referring to a male)Archaism, Familiar language, Polite (teineigo)
吾兄 【あそ】、吾兄 【ごけい】
1. old lady; ma'am (vocative)Familiar language, Usually written using kana alone