Words — 5169 found
1. eternity; perpetuity; immortality; permanence
2. EternityEternity (or forever) is a concept of endless time. It is... Read more
1. reverse; opposite
- She said that her husband hit her, but in fact it was the other way around.
2. converse (of a hypothesis, etc.)
3. inverse (function)Mathematics
4. Converse (logic)In logic, the converse of a categorical or implicational ... Read more
1. teaSee also お茶
- Tea is widely grown in India.
2. tea plant (Camellia sinensis)
3. tea preparation; making teaSee also 茶道
4. brownAbbreviation, See also 茶色
- One of the cats is black, the other is brown.
5. mockeryArchaism, See also 茶化す
6. TeaTea is an aromatic beverage prepared by pouring boiling h... Read more
1. fool; idiotUsually written using kana alone
2. trivial matter; folly; absurdityUsually written using kana alone
3. foolish; stupid; dull; absurd; ridiculousUsually written using kana alone
4. Mactra chinensis (species of trough shell)Abbreviation, Usually written using kana alone, See also 馬鹿貝
5. Baka (fool)Baka (馬鹿, ばか, or バカ) is a frequently used Japanese word m... Read more
莫迦 【ばか】、破家 【ばか】、馬稼 【ばか】、バカ
馬鹿: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 莫迦: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 破家: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 馬稼: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. tedium; boredom; dullness
2. to feel bored; to get bored with; to get tired of
3. BoredomBoredom is an emotional state experienced when an individ... Read more
怠屈: Out-dated kanji.
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. enormous; vast
2. malva nut (Sterculia lychnophora)
3. Sterculia lychnophoraSterculia lychnophora Hance (Malva nut tree or Taiwan swe... Read more
1. very; greatly; terribly; awfully
- つか 。
- I am dead tired from walking around all day.
2. immense; enormous; great
- おも 。
- At the risk of sticking my neck out, I think that if we do that, we're making a big, big mistake.
3. serious; grave; dreadful; terrible
- There will be hell to pay if I don't make this deadline.
4. difficult; hard
5. major incident; disasterArchaism
Common word JLPT N5 Links
1. remainder; rest; balance; remains; scraps; residue; remnantUsually written using kana alone
- Gyoza stuffing? I made some gyoza at home but, possibly because I didn't have enough dough, I had some of the filling left over.
2. not very (with negative sentence); not muchUsually written using kana alone
- It's not worth much.
3. surplus; excess; fullness; too muchUsually written using kana alone, See also の余り のあまり
- はたら 。
- It is too hot to work.
4. more than; over
- We were entranced by the fabulous suite.
余り 【あんまり】、餘り 【あまり】、餘り 【あんまり】
餘り: Out-dated kanji. 餘り: Out-dated kanji.
1. truth; reality; actuality; fact
2. proper; right; correct; official
3. genuine; authentic; natural; veritable
本当 【ほんと】、本當 【ほんとう】、本當 【ほんと】、ホント、ホントー、ホントウ
ほんと: Irregular kana usage. 本當: Out-dated kanji. ほんと: Irregular kana usage. 本當: Out-dated kanji. ホント: Irregular kana usage.
1. skillful; skilled; proficient; good (at); adept; cleverAntonym: 下手 へた
- Do you play basketball well?
上手 【じょうて】、上手 【じょうしゅ】
じょうて: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. じょうしゅ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
- This is a very famous haiku poem by Basho.
1. lively; full of spirit; energetic; vigorous; vital; spirited
2. healthy; well; fit; in good health
1. quiet; silent
2. slow; unhurried
3. calm; peaceful
1. important; necessary; indispensable
2. beloved; precious; dear; cherished; valuable
3. carefulusu. adverb, as ～に
たいせち: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. splendid; fine; handsome; elegant; imposing; prominent
2. praiseworthy; creditable; worthy
3. legal; legitimate; lawful
4. undeniable (e.g. crime); indisputable; solid
1. spare time; free time; leisure
- "Oh? If you're free get the cleaning done." "What's up with that? Don't order your brother around!"
2. time (e.g. time it takes to do something)Only applies to ひま, Only applies to ヒマ
3. time off; day off; vacation; holiday; leave
4. quitting (one's job); firing someone; divorcing (one's spouse)
5. (of one's time) free; (of one's business) slowOnly applies to ひま, Only applies to ヒマ
6. leaving; departingOnly applies to いとま, See also 御暇
閑 【ひま】、暇 【いとま】、遑 【いとま】、ヒマ
1. loveable; very likeable; like very much