Words — 905 found
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. how ..!; what ..!Usually written using kana alone
- What a big eater he is!
2. what (questioning)
- のりと ？」「
- "What is she saying?" "You don't even know 'norito'?" "Norito?" "It's something like a Shinto spell."
1. beforehand; in advance; previouslyUsually written using kana alone
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. plump; rotund; chubby
- の 、
- Every day grandfather and grandmother gave the kitten plenty of milk, and soon the kitten grew nice and plump.
2. entirely; completely; wholly
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. overcoatAbbreviation, See also オーバーコート
- Do you mean to do without an overcoat?
2. exceeding; going over; going beyond
- This bag is 4 kilograms overweight.
3. exaggerated; over the top; overdrawn; overreaction
4. over parSports term, Abbreviation, See also オーバーパー
5. overexposureAntonym: アンダー
6. Oba (Canada)
- The dam burst owing to the heavy rain.
3. Ad Dam (Saudi Arabia); Damme (Belgium); Damm
4. DamA dam is a barrier that impounds water or underground str... Read more
1. to arrange (flowers); to plant
- She likes to arrange flowers.
2. living; liveOnly applies to 生ける
Common word JLPT N5 Links
1. yes; that is correct; right
- Yes, he's almost as tall as I am.
2. um; errr
4. grrr; gah; Must I?
- え 、
- み 」「
- "Lemme see your painting, Manaka." "Must you? It's embarrassing!"
5. goodKansai dialect, See also 良い
- きみ 、
- You're doing good work there.
えー: Irregular kana usage.
- She gave my shoes a quick brush.
2. brushyOnly applies to ブラシ, Only applies to ブラッシ
4. BrushA brush is a tool with bristles, wire or other filaments,... Read more
ブラッシ: Irregular kana usage. ブラシュ: Irregular kana usage.
1. bottom of the ocean; seafloor; seabed
2. undersea; submarine
3. SeabedThe seabed (also known as the seafloor, sea floor, or oce... Read more
3. GeneA gene is a molecular unit of heredity of a living organi... Read more
1. transcendence; transcendency
3. to transcend; to rise above
- He rises above the rest of mankind.
4. Transcendence (philosophy)In philosophy, the adjective transcendental and the noun ... Read more
1. dispersion; scattering; spreading out; diffusion
2. ScatteringScattering is a general physical process where some forms... Read more
1. minus; negative (quantity); subtraction; taking away
3. disadvantage; drawback; handicap
4. negative (ion, pole, growth, image, effect, etc.)
1. doubleSee also シングル, sometimes written as "Ｗ"
2. double bed; hotel room with a double bedAbbreviation, See also ダブルベッド
3. double-breastedAbbreviation, See also ダブルブレスト
5. double width (of cloth; usu. 1.42 meters)Abbreviation, See also ダブル幅
6. doubles (e.g. in tennis)Sports term, Abbreviation, See also ダブルス
7. biracial person (esp. half-Japanese); person of mixed parentageSee also ハーフ, alternative to ハーフ
1. in hand; on hand; on one; in stock; in store
1. to accompany; to go with
2. company; companion