Words — 121 found
1. to decide; to choose; to determine; to make up one's mind; to resolve; to set one's heart on; to settle; to arrange; to set; to appoint; to fix
- きわ 。
- Most athletes are at their best during their early manhood.
2. to clinch (a victory); to decide (the outcome of a match)
3. to persist in doing; to go through with
4. to always do; to have made a habit ofas 決めている
5. to take for granted; to assume
6. to dress up; to dress to kill; to dress to the nines
7. to carry out successfully (a move in sports, a pose in dance, etc.); to succeed in doing
8. to immobilize with a double-arm lock (in sumo, judo, etc.)Martial arts term, Sumo term
9. to eat or drink something; to take illegal drugs
1. to drop; to lose; to let fall; to shed (light); to cast (one's gaze); to pour in (liquid); to leave behind
- Have I missed anything so far?
2. to clean off (dirt, makeup, paint, etc.); to remove (e.g. stains or facial hair); to lose; to spend money at a certain place; to omit; to leave out; to secretly let escape
- I couldn't scrub the stain out.
3. to lose (a match); to reject (an applicant); to fail (a course); to defeat (in an election)
- Are there any knacks, or good sites, for downloading Japanese software?
4. to lower (e.g. shoulders or voice); to lessen (e.g. production or body weight); to worsen (quality); to reduce (e.g. rank or popularity); to speak badly of; to make light of; to fall into straitened circumstances
5. to fall into (e.g. a dilemma or sin); to make one's own; to have one's bid accepted; to force surrender; to take (e.g. an enemy camp or castle); to forcefully convince; to press for a confession; to deal with
6. to download; to copy from a computer to another mediumComputer terminology
7. to make someone swoon (judo)Martial arts term
8. to finish a story (e.g. with the punch line)
9. to finish (a period, e.g. of fasting)
- む 。
- They confronted each other.
2. mask; face guard
- The man wore a mask of a tiger.
3. (in kendo) striking the headMartial arts term
4. surface (esp. a geometrical surface)
- た 。
- A gentle wind made ripples on the surface of the pond.
6. aspect; facet; side
- In a way, life is a cruel thing. It holds major problems in store for each one of us.
8. counter for broad, flat objects, levels or stages, e.g. in a video game
1. to drive in (e.g. nail, stake); to hammer in
2. to hit (a ball, etc.); to drive; to smash
3. to fire into (e.g. a crowd); to launch (e.g. missiles); to lob (e.g. grenades)See also 撃ち込む
4. to input (data); to enter
5. to devote oneself to; to go heart and soul into; to throw oneself into; to go head over heels for
6. to practice hitting (baseball, tennis, etc.)Sports term
7. to hit (an opponent in kendo, boxing, etc.); to get a blow inMartial arts term
8. to invade one's opponent's territory (in the game of go); to place a stone in an opponent's formation
9. to pour (concrete, etc.) into a form
打ちこむ 【うちこむ】、打込む 【うちこむ】、うち込む 【うちこむ】
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. the defensive
2. passive attitude; passivity; passiveness
3. the passive; passive voicelinguistics terminology
4. ukemi (the art of falling safely)Martial arts term
1. aikidoMartial arts term
- ねんかん 、
- He had been a practitioner of Aikido for seven years.
2. Aikidois a Japanese martial art developed by Morihei Ueshiba as... Read more
合氣道: Out-dated kanji.
1. tie up; bind; fastening; tightening
2. sum; total amount; total
3. judo choking (strangling) techniquesMartial arts term
4. last meal eaten when going restaurant hoppingFood term
5. completion; conclusion; rounding offSee also 締めくくり しめくくり
6. counter for bundles; counter for faggots; counter for bundles of 2000 sheets of paper
7. end mark; closure markesp. 〆
1. eastern direction
- Japan is to the east of China.
2. the Orient
3. eastern fighter in a match (e.g. sumo wrestling)Martial arts term, Only applies to ひがしかた, Only applies to ひがしがた
東方 【ひがしかた】、東方 【ひがしがた】
1. martial arts; military artsMartial arts term
2. wushu; modern sport derived from traditional Chinese martial artsSee also 武術太極拳
1. one long cylindrical thing; one film, TV show, etc.; one goal, home run, etc.; one telephone callSee also 本 ほん
- い 。
- "Give me a fresh bottle," he said.
2. one version
3. one book; a certain book
4. ippon; one point; a blowMartial arts term
5. experienced geishaSee also 半玉 はんぎょく
6. single-minded focus on ...after a noun, usu. as 〜一本で, 〜一本に, etc.
8. IpponIppon literally "one full point", it is the highest score... Read more
1. giving someone a ride on one's shoulders
2. shoulder wheel (judo)Martial arts term
1. western direction
2. Western Pure Land (Amitabha's Buddhist paradise)Buddhist term, Abbreviation, Only applies to さいほう, See also 西方浄土
3. western fighter in a match (e.g. sumo)Martial arts term, Only applies to にしがた
西方 【さいほう】、西方 【にしがた】
1. randori (freestyle judo training)Martial arts term
2. Randoriis a term used in Japanese martial arts to describe free-... Read more
乱捕り 【らんどり】、乱取 【らんどり】、乱捕 【らんどり】
乱取: Irregular okurigana usage. 乱捕: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. throw or throwing technique (sumo, judo)Sumo term, Martial arts term
2. Throw (grappling)A throw is a martial arts term for a wrestling technique ... Read more
投技 【なげわざ】、投げ業 【なげわざ】
1. bamboo sword (for kendo); bamboo fencing stickMartial arts term
2. Shinaiis a weapon used for practice and competition in kendo re... Read more
1. holding a sword above one's head (kendo posture)Martial arts term
2. haughty attitude; overbearing manner
1. leg trip (in sumo, judo, etc.)Sumo term, Martial arts term
2. foothold; pedal
3. nearly (used to estimate a period of time by rounding up incomplete units)See also 丸 まる
足かけ 【あしかけ】、足掛 【あしかけ】
1. policeman; official in charge of imprisoning offendersArchaism
2. art of defeating (and capturing) an opponent with one's bare handsMartial arts term
1. pressure points (e.g. for application of moxa)
2. vulnerable body cavitiesMartial arts term
3. Touch of DeathThe Death Touch refers to any martial arts technique that... Read more
點穴: Out-dated kanji.
1. Jeet Kune Do; Way of the Intercepting Fist (martial art founded by Bruce Lee)Martial arts term
2. Jeet Kune DoJeet Kune Do is a hybrid martial arts system and life phi... Read more