Words — 449 found
1. honesty; integrity; frankness
- The fact proves his honesty.
2. honestly; frankly
- To tell the truth, I don't like classical music. On the other hand, Molly is really into it.
4. HonestyHonesty refers to a facet of moral character and denotes ... Read more
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. equality; impartiality; evenness
- Not all men are created equal.
1. trader; shopkeeper; merchant
- あきな 。
- The merchant deals in silk goods.
3. MerchantA merchant is a businessperson who trades in commodities ... Read more
商人 【あきんど】、商人 【あきうど】、商人 【あきゅうど】、商人 【あきびと】
1. national border; provincial border
- お 。
- The constant border wars between England and Scotland came to an end.
3. BorderBorders define geographic boundaries of political entitie... Read more
国境 【くにざかい】、国界 【こっきょう】、国界 【くにざかい】、国堺 【こっきょう】、国堺 【くにざかい】、国界 【こっかい】、国堺 【こっかい】
こっかい: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. こっかい: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. number one; first; first place
- I will take this tie, as it seems to be the best.
2. best; most
3. game; round; bout
4. as a test; as an experiment; by way of experiment; by way of trial; tentativelySee also 試しに
5. song (e.g. in noh); piece
1. health; sound; wholesome
- わる 。
- Smoking is bad for the health.
2. HealthHealth is the level of functional or metabolic efficiency... Read more
- に 。
- The girl resembles her mother.
2. MotherA mother (or mum/mom) is a woman who has raised a child, ... Read more
1. action; conduct; behaviour; behavior; mobilization; mobilisation
- He resented his friend's action.
2. BehaviorBehavior or behaviour refers to the actions and mannerism... Read more
1. happiness; blessedness; joy; well-beingmainly literary
- The rich are not always happy.
2. HappinessHappiness is a mental or emotional state of well-being ch... Read more
1. rumour; rumor; report; hearsay; gossip; common talk
- ひろ 。
- The rumor spread far and wide.
2. RumorA rumor or rumour is often viewed as "an unverified accou... Read more
1. the earth; the globe
- Pollution is damaging our earth.
2. EarthEarth (or the Earth) is the third planet from the Sun, an... Read more
1. secret; secrecy; confidentiality; privacy
2. secret; mystery
3. esoteric teachingsBuddhist term
4. SecrecySecrecy (also called clandestinity or furtiveness) is the... Read more
1. (by) chance; unexpectedly; suddenly; accident; fortuity; by coincidence
- あ 。
- I met an old friend by chance.
2. Contingency (philosophy)"Contingency" and "contingent" redirect here. For other u... Read more
1. lie; fib; falsehood; untruth
- わ 。
- What he said turned out to be false.
2. mistake; error
- Oh my God, I can't believe this.
3. unwise move; bad decision
4. No way!; Unbelievable!; Really?!Colloquialism
5. LieTo lie is to hold something which one knows is not the wh... Read more
噓: Out-dated kanji.
1. town; city; municipal; urban
- What is the area of this city?
2. CityA city is a relatively large and permanent settlement. Al... Read more
- He will be a wonderful scholar.
2. AcademicianThe title Academician denotes a Full Member of an art, li... Read more
1. existence; being
- Do you believe that God exists?
2. ExistenceExistence has been variously defined by sources. In commo... Read more
1. foreign; abroad; overseas
- How often do you go abroad?
1. peace; harmony
- The dove is a symbol of peace.
2. PeacePeace is a state of harmony characterized by the lack of ... Read more
1. duty; obligation; responsibility
- し 。
- I never knew about such a duty.
2. DutyDuty (from "due" meaning "that which is owing"; Old Frenc... Read more